Sunday, July 10, 2011

A Quilt Top is Made!!

Despite the heat, I have been able complete the quilt top that I started last weekend. I'm so excited!! I fudged on the couple of pieces that I cut wrong, but I couldn't see paying extra for more fabric....so, mistakes and all, here's my first attempt at a quilt. I kind of figured out the pattern as I was going, which is just my way, I suppose.

I don't think the colors show really well. The oranges look kind of peachie in this photo, and the turquoise is light...I like the quilt in person. The colors are really bright.

I will be purchasing the back and the batting this week and then I will hopefully start the quilting process!! We'll see how that goes. I've never done anything like this before. I'm going to use my machine, which is probably cheating, but I can't even imagine trying to quilt this by hand in this heat.

I will keep you posted on my progress!

No comments: