Friday, June 25, 2010

My Version of This Old House Part II

I am on a color roll!! Once the color worked for the living room, I decided to finish painting my kitchen with the reddish color (Dutch Boy's Brick Fleck). I worked on it throughout the day today. I think it looks a little orangey in the photos, but it looks more like a deep red. I had already painted one wall prior to surgery, and today I finished the south and west walls (very slowly of course). I'm very happy with it.

If I'm feeling up to it tomorrow, I will be working on finishing the cupboards. I want to steel wool the cabinets with mineral spirits and add another stain...to richen the effect. We'll see. I may have my friend and decorating guru help me. ;-) For the rest of today, though, I'm going to replace the outlets in the kitchen!! Finally!!

So far, here's what I've got. Excuse the mess, please.

I feel badly for Terry, though...he has hard jobs like putting in wainscot and leveling the floor so we can lay laminate down. ;-) I get to do the pretty stuff!

I think it's a good thing that I don't get HGTV out here. We'd really be in trouble!

2 comments:

Beth @ Sawdust and Embryos said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Kimberly said...

lol! Love the colors! If you want painting help, I’m only 30 minutes away! :)
k